Biblioteca Moreniana (Moreniana Library)
The Library was created when the Provincial Deputation of Florence acquired the bibliographic collection that had belonged to Pietro Bigazzi. The collection of literary writings, the majority of which were part of the library owned by Domenico Maria Manni and Domenico Moreni, consists mostly of records on Tuscan history and culture. Later, several other literary collections from well-known scholars and collectors of Tuscan antiquities were added. In 1942, the library was housed in Palazzo Medici Riccardi and opened to the public. Other historically significant collections of manuscripts were added later. Today the library is managed by the Metropolitan City of Florence.
The Moreniana Library is not part of the tour of the Museum and can only be visited for study and consultation.
The Moreniana Library is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:15 am to 1:45 pm, and on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:15 am to 5:15 pm. It is closed on Saturdays.
Access is by reservation only: please write to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 pm of the previous day.